State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Director Business Develop Labs
Req ID: 42010BR
Job Summary: The Director of Business Development Labs is responsible for all aspects of business development and client service activities for Beth Israel Lahey Health's (BILH) Laboratory enterprise testing programs. The candidate will be responsible for planning and growing BILH's community COVID-19 testing program, including establishing a Client Services platform to support the overarching initiative.
- Develop and implement business strategies to grow BILH laboratory testing programs ensuring alignment with BILH system growth strategy. Represents entirety of BILH Laboratories to potential clients and the community.
- Develops strong working relationship with leadership at each laboratory site to promote coordinated, efficient and effective ¿One BILH¿ Laboratory. Develop and execute go-to-market strategies for specific strategic initiatives identified by BILH within timelines and in alignment with business plan.
- Build and maintain business pipeline of potential clients. Develop forecasts for growth. Manages Laboratory Business Development Team.
- Develop and negotiate contracts with third party entities. Establish and maintain client relationships ensuring BILH meets and exceeds needs and expectations.
- Serve as a liaison between BILH Laboratories and third parties contracting for laboratory services. Develop and monitor performance metrics to promote successful business outcomes. Ensure contracts are meeting projected targets.
- Serve as main point of contact both internally and externally for issues related to laboratory testing business. Ensure client inquiries are appropriately triaged and responded to in an efficient manner. Ensures seamless, efficient onboarding of new clients. Responsible for program orientation and vendor software training for client stakeholders.
- Conduct periodic marketing analysis to monitor and adjust market strategies. Develop and maintain departmental operations protocols, policies, and procedures. Establish and maintain vendor relationships. Ensure interfaces between electronic systems are working effectively.
- Represent BILH Laboratory at network-related events. Ensure leadership is kept current on priorities and activities.
Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Assist in planning and managing division testing program budget. Develop pricing strategies with BILH Finance. Manage revenue and volumes against targets.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 2-3 Indirect Reports: None
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, or related field required. required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required in Healthcare-related business development, client service or related field. and 0-1 years supervisory/management experience required
- Client implementation and training experience.
- The ability to travel to offsite locations to meet with clients as needed.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply