Director, Brand & Community Engagement
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The Director, Brand & Community Engagement identifies, evaluates, develops, and supports implementation of strategic marketing, communications and initiatives that serve to enhance the overall effectiveness and awareness of the Mount Nittany Health brand. The Director, Brand & Community Engagement promotes community events and has oversight for internal communications, media and public relations, community relations, physician communications, publications, advertising, direct mail and website content. This position ensures brand consistency internally and externally and acts as the ambassador for the brand in Mount Nittany Health’s external engagements. This position is responsible for guiding development and execution of comprehensive community health engagement strategies, including funding and partnering plans. The Director will also assist MNH Executive Leadership in identification and development of overall corporate responsibility efforts.
1) Bachelor’s degree required.
2) Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or equivalent preparation strongly preferred.
1) Seven years of progressively responsible healthcare administrative or equivalent marketing and brand management experience preferred.
2) Demonstrated track record of directing brand development and implementation.
3) Five years of progressive leadership experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Proven leadership skills, highly developed interpersonal skills, refined judgment and a strong record of achievement required.
2) Functions effectively as a liaison among staff, physicians, health system leadership and all health system departments.
3) Uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment, and a professional attitude constantly.
4) Consistently demonstrates maturity for accountability or job performance.
Receives minimal supervision from the EVP, System Development/Chief Strategy Officer.
Supervises the managers of the Marketing/Communications, and Community Health & Outreach staff.