FT 40 HRS
3 days agoRequisition ID: 1565
The Dietitian is responsible for implementing the overall nutrition program for the Elder Service Plan. Under the general supervision of the Nutrition Manager, the Dietitian assists the Dietitian Manager to ensure that the nutrition programs are in compliance with regulatory and compliance agencies and meals are in compliance with PACE program and DPH requirements; provides guidance and advice to participants and their families regarding nutrition; assists in overseeing the food services programs provided by the food vendors and actively participates in the interdisciplinary teams (IDT). Hours are Monday through Friday, 7.30 am-4:00 pm or 8:00 am-430 pm. Position includes some home care.
- Performs and documents timely initial and annual nutrition assessments which include entry of diet order, height and weight, pertinent lab results, dietary history, dietary preferences, medical conditions and medications affecting nutrition status and eating habits.
- Develops individual nutrition plan for participants and ensures the plan is effectively communicated to participant, IDT, Dietary Aides, family members and other caregivers for implementation.
- Effectively communicates concerns or issues arising from Nutrition Assessment to IDT.
- Ensures that the Nutrition Plan is appropriately implemented by providing participant, family members or other care givers with both general and customized nutrition education materials and one-on-one guidance when needed and providing guidance to Dietary Aides, Center Aides and Home Health Aides to ensure compliance with the Nutrition Plan.
- Recommends and ensures provision of nutrition supplements when appropriate, communicates need of supplements to IDT and monitors and documents participant use of supplements.
- Recommends and arranges for provision of home delivered meals to participants as needed.
- When necessary arranges for and supervises provision of specialized meals or supplements for participants.
- Assists the Nutrition Manager by ensuring the Dietary Aides are performing all necessary functions including ensuring hot and cold foods are held and served at appropriate temperatures; ensures that all kitchen equipment is regularly reviewed for proper operating condition, ensures that logs and labeling are in accordance with regulations and protocols; ensures that kitchen usage and maintenance is in compliance with OSHA, DPH, PACE and CMS regulations.
- Utilizes objective information available in EMR in combination with subjective information regarding food intake to complete comprehensive and accurate initial and annual nutrition assessments.
- Assists in presenting the Annual Safety training for ESP staff on food handling, temperatures, feeding of participants, sanitation of the kitchen to Dietary Aides, Center Aides and Home Health Aides.
- Must be able to travel to and from client's homes and work site in a timely manner as needed.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with major studies in Food and Nutrition or Dietetics.
- Licensed in the state of Massachusetts as Registered Dietitian
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Intermediate skills with Word, Excel and Outlook.
- One year of professional experience providing nutrition counseling and assessments.
- One year of experience working in geriatrics required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to successfully obtain Serve Safe certification within 4 months of employment.
- Master’s degree in foods & nutrition, public health nutrition, or nutrition education preferred.
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.