State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Diagnostic Technologist - Senior
Our globally diverse team of approximately 80 diagnostic imaging techs includes colleagues from nearly every continent. Our techs have the opportunity to rotate and work in a variety of patient areas and be part of fast-paced, interesting cases. We also proudly promote work-life balance and offer flexible scheduling options.
As part of this opportunity, you will play an integral role in supporting our world-class teaching hospital and Level I Trauma Center. Our department of 600+ employees is guided by a common mission—Together Taking Care of People—to compassionately serve our patients, their loved ones, and each other.
U.S. News and World Report recently ranked our affiliate Harvard University the #1 radiology school in the world and, as the Official Hospital of the Boston Red Sox, BIDMC offers discounted tickets to employees (subject to availability)
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 43719BR
Job Summary: Performs a wide range of radiology exams and procedures. Provides front line leadership to staff technologists and coordinates work flow in the assigned site. Interacts daily with patients and other medical personnel. This position meets the scope of practice as defined by the ASRT practice standard guidelines.
- Prepares and positions patients for diagnostic exams of various parts of the body which includes setting up equipment and patient in relation to each other to provide best demonstration of body part under study. Enters instructions into computers,monitors and evaluates images for accuracy and completeness of order. Makes necessary adjustments when judged to be necessary.
- Evaluates radiographs for image quality and completeness. Oversees and evaluates the work of staff technologists. Assists in quality control and instructs technical personnel on technical aspects of their routine use. Troubleshoots in the events of a technical or mechanical problem. Trains other staff to use new equipment.
- Assists in planning, scheduling, assignments, and coordinates the daily work of staff technologist and technical assistants. Assists in clinical teaching of staff technologists. Perform duties of the CT Clinical Supervisor during his/her absence, reporting directly to the CT Clinical Manager.
- Perform duties of the Clinical Supervisor during his/her absence.
- Responds to patient's physical and psychological needs. Explains all procedures in a clear and concise manner without causing unnecessary anxiety. Uses Proper Hand Hygiene before and after patient contact. Observes patient's condition and reports any change to nurse or physician.
- Vocational or Technical training in Medical Radiography required. Associate's degree in Medical Radiography preferred.
- License Radiology MA License required., and Registration American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- MA license.
- New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification. Certification has to be with the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply