Department Secretary – Nursing Administration – Full-time – 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Category: Nursing Support
Facility: Anne Arundel Medical Center
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: November 30, 2021
Provides secretarial support for the Directors and staff of the department
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiently types a variety of correspondence, statistical reports, forms, graphs, and charts for written and/or verbal format using Microsoft Office applications.
- Attends meetings and conferences; prepares meeting agendas, schedules meetings, rooms and related material needed to record minutes as requested.
- Copies, collates, and staples correspondence, minutes, articles, and reports within a specified date and time and distributes to appropriate people.
- Maintains office records, files, and logs ensuring information is complete and accurate. Maintains current departmental accounts and budgeted inventory control. Orders general office supplies. Assists with employee timecards and scheduling of staff as necessary.
- Maintains a system of outstanding items and takes appropriate steps to ensure due dates for assignments, appointments, and calendars are current, and other requirements are met; assures confidentiality of departments files, records, and related matters.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years of office experience.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)