PT NBE Less Than 20 Hours
3 days agoRequisition ID: 1442
The Dental Assistant prepares and maintains all clinical areas for optimal patient treatment, assists chair-side during treatment of patients, ensures that equipment is maintained in operating order, and meets standards for health and safety, and implements proper and current infection control duties as per agency procedures and protocol.
Position is 12 hours weekly to start to include Fridays, 8:00 am-4:30 pm and a 4-hour weekday shift. Schedule may change and more hours may become available based on business need.
- Reviews medical chart with provider, performs intake on the patient and documents in Electronic Dental Record (EDR) following protocols.
- Prepares all clinical areas for treatment planned each session
- Provides chairside assistance to Dentists in all procedures in accordance with training.
- Enters relevant patient information into EDR in accordance with training and protocol.
- Provides post op instructions to patients regarding their procedures.
- Implements daily infection control procedures in compliance with CDC and/or state specific infection control practices.
- As directed, or in accordance with state law and HHSI protocol, exposes radiographs and duplicates radiograph when necessary
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment.
- Maintains checklists and logs on equipment, oxygen tanks, eyewash stations, code bags as required by HHSI protocol.
- Enters data and maintains the electronic lab log tracking all dental prosthetic cases in accordance with protocol and training.
- Prepares all clinical areas for clinic closing in accordance with protocol.
- Provides guidance and support to Dental Assistants in training as needed.
- Monitors inventory and ensures that inventory is maintained by following established protocols.
- Due to operational necessity, may be required to report to another location or remain at work to provide coverage.
Required/Preferred Experience, Education and Skills:
- High School Diploma with course work in business, biology, and some chemistry.
- Computer literate; must have basic skills in Windows environment.
- Dental Assisting Certification from an accredited program preferred.
- Current Massachusetts Dental Assistant License and current CPR/BLS required.
- Massachusetts or DANB certificate in radiology required.
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.