FT 40 HRS
6 days agoRequisition ID: 1699
$1000 Sign On Bonus Offered!!*
The Dental Assistant prepares and maintains all clinical areas for optimal patient treatment, assists chair-side during treatment of patients, ensures that equipment is maintained in operating order and meets standards for health and safety, and implements proper and current infection control duties as per agency procedures and protocol. Position is located at the Harbor Community Health Center in Plymouth.
Come join a great team of dental professionals, offered with an excellent and affordable benefits package!
• Reviews medical chart with provider, performs intake on the patient and documents in Electronic Dental Record (EDR) following protocols.
• Prepares all clinical areas for treatment planned each session.
• Provides chair-side assistance to Dentists in all procedures in accordance with training.
• Enters relevant patient information into EDR in accordance with training and protocol.
• Provides post op instructions to patients regarding their procedures.
• Implements daily infection control procedures in compliance with CDC and/or state specific infection control practices.
• As directed, or in accordance with state law and HHSI protocol, exposes radiographs and duplicates radiograph when necessary
• Maintains checklists and logs on equipment, oxygen tanks, eyewash stations, code bags as required by HHSI protocol, performs routine maintenance on equipment and monitors/maintains inventory.
• Enters data and maintains the electronic lab log tracking all dental prosthetic cases in accordance with protocol and training.
• Prepares all clinical areas for clinic closing in accordance with protocol.
• Provides guidance and support to Dental Assistants in training as needed.
• Due to operational necessity, may be required to report to another location or remain at work to provide coverage.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
• High School Diploma/GED.
• Current Massachusetts Dental Assisting License required.
• Massachusetts or DANB certificate in radiology and current CPR/BLS required.
• Computer literate; must have basic skills in Windows/Office environment.
• Dental Assisting Certification from an accredited program preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
*$1000. Sign On Bonus, $500 on hire and $500 after 90 days in good standing, former employees of HHSI not eligible.