Search Our Jobs
State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Decision Analyst-Cost Eff Research
Req ID: 41978BR
Job Summary: The team of researchers and physicians at the Richard A. and Susan F. Smith Center for Outcomes Research in Cardiology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center analyzes real world data to assess the current state of cardiovascular care in the United States and overseas. We are building a program in health technology assessment with the goal of determining the societal value of novel drugs, devices and health policies. We are seeking a Decision Analyst with quantitative expertise to join our health economics team lead by the Associate Director of the Center.
- Works with experienced faculty members to design and execute cost-effectiveness analyses. Builds decision trees in TreeAge or R; populates input parameters based on available data; generates base-case results; performs sensitivity analyses; generates tables and figures for dissemination of findings; and co-authors abstracts and manuscripts.
- Develops a core understanding of the research questions and analytic approach (including cost-effectiveness analysis and simulation modeling).
Appropriately applies cutting-edge analytic statistical and decision analytic methodologies, database management tools, and modeling software in creative and novel ways.
- Utilizes diverse data sources to efficiently and accurately deliver high quality inputs for analysis. Assesses the relevance of available data for the research question at hand, and runs statistical analyses (or collaborate on such analyses) to generate the requisite inputs for the decision analytic models.
- Collaborates with trainees on research projects and publications.
Generates figures and tables in TreeAge Pro, Microsoft Excel, and R to support publications and grant proposals.
- Contributes to creation of presentations, manuscripts, and funding proposals. Co-authors abstracts and papers relevant to their work.
Leads discussion in research meetings about results and analyses to vet, improve and finalize results.
- Provides project management and leadership as appropriate to drive timelines and deliverables.
- Clearly and effectively communicates at all levels of the organization to explain and present methods and insights to non-technical business and clinical caregivers. Maintains accuracy and excellent documentation at all times.
- Demonstrates curiosity and keeps current with research literature and trends on innovative technical and analytical approaches to solve problems. Maintains scientific awareness and intellectual agility with data, methods and analytic techniques.
- Manages bibliographies and citation lists for manuscripts and proposals. Proficiency with Endnote, Zotero, or other citation management software preferred.
- Incorporates novel modeling techniques into existing models.
Operates in latest productivity suite including Slack, Zoom, Teams, and Office 365
- Master's degree in Decision Science, Mathematics or Economics required. Doctoral degree in Decision Science, Mathematics or Economics preferred.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- 1-3 years post Master's degree related work experience.
- High level proficiency with at least one programming language (e.g. R, Python).
- Proficiency with reviewing the medical literature on a given topic (including randomized trials, observational data, and meta-analyses) and summarizing key findings.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Prior experience with medical writing including generating, and tabular summaries of results
- Tree Age/Matlab or other modeling software experience preferred.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply