Data Scientist/Developer – Full Time
Category: Information Systems /Technical
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: March 31, 2021
Join our analytics team and help us enable our healthcare providers to improve the lives of our patients. You’ll have the opportunity to think globally about the health of our patient populations and drive new insights into interventions that make patients healthier and make the healthcare system more financially sustainable. Use your background in software development to really enhance people’s lives in a direct and measurable way.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Develops software systems to retrieve and analyze data that allows clinicians to make new innovations and discoveries. Develops predictive algorithms and risk-stratify patient populations. Develops analytical tools using .Net, Qlikview, Business Objects, and the Microsoft BI Stack.
- Communicates effectively with users, vendors, and AAMC leadership to gain consensus on proper timelines, project scope, and ensure desired outcomes are met.
- Documents work thoroughly and contributes to our culture of sustainable code through adherence to standards.
- Establishes data mining architectures, modeling standards, reporting and data analysis methodologies. Maximizes use of enterprise systems to accelerate work, increase elegance, and reduce long-term maintenance.
- Applies Agile principles to daily work and incorporates a detailed understanding of the business operations driving analytical needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field.
- One (1) year of specialized experience with SQL, SSIS, developing applications that consume restful web services, and software development in an Agile environment.
- Experience in healthcare technology preferred.
- Experience with R and C# development preferred.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)