Data Scientist Associate
Novant Health is seeking a Data Scientist Associate to improve the quality and effectiveness of patient care by leveraging data to generate new knowledge. The Associate must be proficient in employing large scale data analytics to derive actionable insights. Develops descriptive and predictive models, from conception to completion and long-term support. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. The Associate will interface and collaborate with technical and non-technical team members to accomplish goals and ensure business needs are met. The Associate must have the ability to synthesize novel ideas and flourish in an environment where the need for new analytical capabilities is constant. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: Master's Degree in required. Data Science, Health Informatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or similar field.
- Experience: Healthcare experience preferred.
- Additional Skills Required: Expert knowledge in implementation of descriptive and predictive modeling techniques, data mining, and statistics. Experience with statistical modeling software such as R, MATLAB, or similar. Experience with extracting and manipulating data in relational databases; expert knowledge of SQL. Ability to drive/travel to multiple locations/facilities as needed.
- Additional Skills Preferred: Experience with advanced computer science and analysis techniques such as graph theory, machine learning, natural language processing. Experience with Hadoop / Map Reduce or similar. Experience with a programming language such as C++, C#, Python, etc.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health