Data Programmer III
Req #: 29712
Working independently, provides guidance and acts as an escalation point for data mining to inlcude enterprise data warehousing, data marts, data movement, and data models utilized throughout the data warehouse life cycle. Highly responsive to customers and shows an aptitude for the development and documentation of customer requirements. Trains and guides junior staff to maintain consistency without possessing direct supervisory authority. Collaborates with staff across the IS department to provide a focus on positioning staff, prioritizing work, and ensuring customer delivery.
- Collaborates with customers to identify data requirements.
- Create new tables, views and stored procedures to support custom database applications.
- Analyze data requests and document requirements.
- Identify and validate the appropriate technological solutions for various data needs.
- Build stored procedures, create tables and views in appropriate database to complete user and third-party requests.
- Create new data sets using tools such as T-SQL, CCL and Cerner Layout Builder.
- Perform validation and testing for new custom data sets and database applications.
- Troubleshoot, optimize, modify and maintain existing data sets as needed.
- Communicate effectively with end-users to provide training, determine reporting requirements, and provide status updates.
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting and fixing of custom data sets, applications and systems.
- Establish and Maintain an appropriate support presence with key customers as needed.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on applicable data structures and content. Able to link data in back end reporting tables to front end data gathering tools (Front end Graphic user interfaces)
- Create data extracts that support data visualization platforms such as Power BI and Tableau.
- Define customer requirements for changes to data structures that require back end database work.
- Facilitate collaborative decision-making.
- Serve as an escalation point for issues.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Five years of experience supporting hospital information system database applications. This includes a thorough understanding of relational databases and techniques for extracting data for user consumption.
- Strong understanding of T-SQL, Crystal Reports and SSIS
- Experience using ETL tools to extract, transform and load data between applications.
- Experience with Cerner CCL programming language.
- Experience developing data applications using rapid application development tools.
- Basic understanding of Object-Oriented Programming languages.
- Experience working with internal users and third parties to identify data requirements and leading the project to successful completion.
- Experience with data visualization platforms such as Microsoft Power BI and Tableau.
- Experience working with a Data warehouse concepts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to engage patients and team members utilizing the CMH Experience Standards:
- I am creating a warming, caring, and non-judgmental environment.
- I am actively listening and seeking information.
- I am honest, truthful, and consistent.
- I am respectful, treating all individuals with dignity and empathy.
- I am serving as a role model, taking both initiative and ownership when appropriate.
- I am working collaboratively and demonstrating teamwork.
- I am resilient and adapt to change in positive ways.
- Serve as the champion of the patient and team member experience by providing an A+ experience to every patient and team member, every day.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES:
Our mission is to provide exceptional healthcare services in a safe and trustful environment through expertise, commitment and compassion of our team members, with the vision of safe, reliable, high quality care for each patient, every day.
How do we make this happen? By creating and maintaining a culture where our values of compassion, integrity, citizenship, service excellence and community are lived out in observable behaviors during all interactions.
ABOUT CENTRAL MAINE HEALTHCARE:
Central Maine Healthcare (CMH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system serving 400,000 people living in central, western, and mid-coast Maine. CMH's hospital facilities include Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, Bridgton Hospital, and Rumford Hospital. CMH also supports Central Maine Medical Group, a primary and specialty care practice organization. Other system services include the Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute, a regional trauma program, LifeFlight of Maine's southern Maine base, the Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center, and other high quality clinical services.
About Central Maine Medical Center
Central Maine Medical Center (CMMC) located in Lewiston, is a Level II Trauma Center serving Androscoggin County and the surrounding region. "CMMC's Centers of Excellence" include the Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute, the Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Neonatal Intermediate Care Unit, and a Trauma Services Program. CMMC is also the southern Maine base for LifeFlight of Maine, the state's only medical helicopter service. Supported by the latest technologies, CMMC's skilled professionals provide outstanding care delivered with compassion, kindness, and understanding. Learn more at: www.cmmc.org.
About Bridgton Hospital
Part of Central Maine Healthcare, Bridgton Hospital serves the town of Bridgton and surrounding areas in Maine as part of an integrated regional healthcare system committed to improved access and a uniform standard of care. Bridgton Hospital was named as one of 17 top rural hospitals in the nation for the third consecutive year in 2018.
About Rumford Hospital
Part of Central Maine Healthcare, Rumford Hospital serves the town of Rumford and surrounding areas in Maine as part of an integrated regional healthcare system committed to improved access and a uniform standard of care. In 2018, Rumford Hospital was named one of 17 top rural hospitals in the nation by the Leapfrog Group; in 2016, it was designated a Pathway to Excellence® organization by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Learn more at: www.rumfordhospital.org.
Central Maine Healthcare is equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© 2021 HealthcareSource HR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.