State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 40549BR
Job Summary: Maintains data capture, storage, and retrieval interfaces for the purposes of clinical care, outcome monitoring, quality improvement, and clinical research.
- Collects and enters clinical data from paper and electronic sources into a database(s).
- Interacts with clinical staff to determine data collection needs; recommends key data fields, sources and process for data collection.
- Integrates clinical data from multiple points of service.
- Monitors data to ensure that it is formatted accurately and reflective of the care elements provided.
- Performs routine audits of clinical data base to ensure data integrity and collaborates with department Systems Administrator and end users to correct issues.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Experience in medical terminology.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply