State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Cytotechnologist--24 hours a week
Our department also provides clinical laboratory services to the hospital as well as consult services in the areas of clinical chemistry, hematopathology, microbiology, and transfusion medicine (Clinical Pathology).
Affiliated with Harvard Medical School, the Department of Pathology conducts research in the further characterization of disease processes and trains the next generation of pathologists.
The hours of this position are Wed, Thurs, Fri 7am - 3:30pm.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 40738BR
Job Summary: Performs diagnostic screening of gyn and non-gyn cases using manual screening and automated imaging system.
Attends fine needle aspirate procedures and is responsible for determining adequacy.
- Screens and diagnoses both gyn and non-gyn cases.
- Performs quality control re-screen of cases as defined by regulatroy requirements.
- Trains new employees and participates in voluntary and mandatory educational programs.
- Troubleshoot problems and provides customer service to provide excellent patientcare. Communicates with medical staff regarding patients specimens as needed.
- Reports hours screened daily to supervisor according to regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Life science or Medical Technology required.
- Registration ASCP Registered required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Cytotechnologist experience preferred.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply