Shift1 - Day
Our goal at is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible. Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 293-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and an 80-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our outpatient facilities, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange and the New Smyrna Health Park. Through our mission of extending the healing ministry of Christ, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics and Level II NICU, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women's services. We also offer the area's only inpatient rehabilitation facility with Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accreditation for stroke care.
- $10k Sign On and $3k relocation incentive if moving 50 plus miles
- Excellent health benefits
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Ensures that all required supplies, instruments and equipment is available for all assigned procedures
- Participates in room set up, pre-procedure preparations, intra-operative positioning, prepping and draping, and room turn over independently or as directed
- Demonstrates knowledge of sterilization techniques for all equipment utilized on assigned procedures
- Demonstrates skills such as tissue handling, providing exposure in the operative field, use of instrumentation, suturing, and provision of hemostasis in an anticipatory manner
- Demonstrates essential mental discipline, attention to detail, thoroughness, stamina, and concentration during the surgical procedure
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited surgical technology program or military trained surgical technologist with 5 years minimum experience
- Demonstration of completion of surgical tech first assist program
- BLS certification required
- Certification in Surgical Technology required
- Certification as First Assist
The surgical technologist first assistant actively participates in the on-going management of supply inventories, surgical equipment, operating room suite readiness and direct clinical and technical assistance to the surgeon while performing operative
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.