Customer Service Representative – Lead, Patient Access and Support Services, Full-Time
Category: Administrative/General Support
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: June 11, 2021
Adheres to the standardization, accuracy and compliance policies of the department and organization.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Answers the phone following department guidelines, responds to inquiries, and refers all calls as appropriate.
- Communicates financial responsibilities to patients and collects funds accordingly.
- Assists with the training and orientation of new staff. Monitors and corrects payroll entries for manager review and completion. Schedules employees via Active Staffer and works collaboratively with the Manager to develop policies and processes for staff self-scheduling utilization.
- Communicates with patients, medical staff, hospital staff and visitors in a professional manner providing excellent customer service as reflected in AAHS/HCE’s policies and practices. Maintains ongoing communications with leadership, by reviewing processes, tasks and responsibilities to resolve problems to meet departmental and staffing needs. Collaborates with leadership on activities to include (but not limited to) developing training plans and departmental program changes, enhancements and compliance regulations.
- Assists with orientation and mandatory re-credential process for compliance of registration functions. Develops training curriculum in collaboration with Director and oversees the employee orientation processes and annual competencies.
- Participates in team performance reviews.
- Reports variances to manager to ensure compliance and processes in regards to regulatory agencies.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and maintains supply and inventory. Participates in an expert role, when required, for systems, process, and computer upgrades and improvement.
- Regularly participates in departmental and collaborative meetings to address and/or to assist in improving registration processes and functions. Participates in developing and/or improving process workflows. Assists in creating and improving processes, policies, SOPs, and workflows.
10. Manages critical staffing-shortage calls, as necessary.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Five years of previous registration and admissions experience and/or hospital billing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Medical terminology required with 2 years of billing experience preferably in a hospital environment.
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) required within 6 months of employment
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)