Customer Service Representative – L&D – Full TIme – 7am-7:30pm with rotating weekends and holidays
Category: Administrative/General Support
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: October 29, 2020
This non-clinical healthcare professional is responsible for ensuring the complete and accurate arrival of patient to our health system. This position provides administrative support to the department and the Admissions Office including, but not limited to, phone management, chart creation, visitor management, and communications.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains a 98% accuracy in medical record creation, in accordance with Best Practice Standards. Demonstrates excellence in ensuring patients are provided with necessary regulatory information, as appropriate (i.e. HIPAA, Patient Rights Brochure, IMM, NOOS, ABN, etc.)
- Accurately obtains and processes patient demographic, insurance, and medical information. Achieves a 98% compliance for document scanning at patient arrival. Demonstrates the ability to identify and register patient accurately into the Master Patient Index thereby reducing erroneous duplicate Medical Records. Demonstrated ability to apply technical knowledge in multiple systems, including but not limited to Epic-based applications, Meditech applications, administrative applications (i.e. Outlook, AAMC Intranet, Active Staffer, TimePC, etc.), and necessary online applications (i.e. IXT Copay Collections).
- Independently prioritizes CSR workflow (including, but not limited to, workqueue management, pre-registration entry, HUGs tag management, phone management, emergent induction scheduling, physician assignments and notifications, chart processes, baby delivery notifications, medical records filing, and other assigned tasks) to meet standards for performance and productivity within departmental deadlines.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of downtime procedures and effectively demonstrates the ability to perform job functions during such conditions.
- Adheres to the compliance policies of the department and organization (i.e. timely arrivals, minimal absences, appropriate attire, readiness for work, adherence to the department working schedule, follows AAMC policies regarding personal electronic devices, and other policies, as outlined by the organization).
- Answers the phone courteously, professionally, and as per department guidelines, responds to inquiries, and refers all calls, as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge of departmental issues and hospital-wide change, by attending meetings and in-services, and by keeping abreast of all appropriate written and electronic emails provided to the employee.
- Successfully demonstrates the ability to perform at, or above standards, in all assigned roles in the department. Assists with training and orientation of new staff, as needed, and under the direction of the Supervisor.
- Provides warm and friendly greetings to patient and their families/visitors, upon arrival. Maintains empathy and professionalism in registration interviews and while providing regulatory information and notices.
- Clearly and professionally communicates to internal and external customers, including (but not limited to), clinical staff, coworkers, administration, and other outside departmental staff. Works collaboratively with and under the direction of the assigned shift coordinator. Escalates issues us the chain, as appropriate.
Required Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Required Minimum Experience: Previous experience in fast-paced, front desk/customer service environment, preferred. Typing 25 wpm, required.
Required License / Certifications: None.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
Based on the essential functions, insert the type of work performed (e.g. light, medium, heavy, etc).
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
For the sentence in bold, please indicate if the position will or will not be exposed to blood borne-pathogens. There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will or will not (please indicate one) be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)