Customer Information Assistant – Part Time (24 hours a week) – Night Shift (10:30pm – 7:00am)
Category: Administrative/General Support
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: September 27, 2021
Meet and greet patients in the Customer Information area. Provides health related resource information and referrals to the appropriate healthcare service. Ensures integrity of computerized patient information and track patients in the Locator System.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets and greets patients, family members, visitors and vendors. Maintains a professional, welcoming, and orderly environment in the Customer Information area to ensure patient comfort.
- Answers the phone, providing requested information and transfers calls as appropriate within the confidentiality standards.
- Directs patients and visitors to appropriate hospital departments or services. When appropriate registers patients using the Meditech system. Protects Hospital from losses by ensuring integrity of demographic and financial information. Complies with federal, state, and local regulatory and AAMC contractual requirements as established by AAMC policies. Provides patient transportation as appropriate.
- Provides routine information relevant to the local area, restaurants, accommodation, community activities and other services as requested.
- Access the Scheduling module to locate patient appointments, direct patients to point of service and track patients throughout the hospital by utilizing the Patient Locator System.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
- Two years of previous registration experience or insurance knowledge, preferably worked in a healthcare environment.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Prior financial counseling, scheduling/posting and healthcare registration experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate basic personal computer and typing abilities (35wpm).
- Medical terminology knowledge recommended.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Light
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)