Customer Information Assistant – Full Time – 9:30am-8pm
Category: Administrative/General Support
Facility: Doctors Community Medical Center
Location: Lanham, MD
Posted Date: December 18, 2021
This position acts as the Luminis Health Anne Arundel Medical Center (LHAAMC) first point of contact for patients, guests, visitors, and staff entering the main campus buildings. This position meets, greets, and assists all who enter the building in a manner that is consistent with the Luminis Health values of Respect, Inclusion, Service, and Excellence (R.I.S.E.).
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets, greets, and assists patients, family members, visitors and vendors in a manner that is consistent with the R.I.S.E. values.
- Maintains a professional, welcoming, and orderly environment in the Customer Information area to ensure patient, visitor, and staff comfort.
- Answers the phone in a manner that is consistent with the R.I.S.E. values, provides requested information and transfers calls as appropriate within the confidentiality standards.
- Directs patients and visitors to appropriate hospital departments or services.
- Protects Hospital from losses by ensuring integrity of demographic, financial, and protected health information.
- Complies with federal, state, and local regulatory and LHAAMC contractual requirements as established by LHAAMC policies.
- Provides patient transportation as appropriate.
- Provides routine information relevant to the local area, restaurants, accommodations, community activities and other services as requested.
- Uses the electronic medical record and other hospital resources to locate patient appointments and direct patients to point of service.
- Supports the registration process at Hackerman-Patz House as needed.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
- Two years of previous customer service experience, preferably worked in a healthcare environment.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must demonstrate basic personal computer and typing abilities (35wpm).
- Medical terminology knowledge recommended.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking candidate preferred, but not required.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Light
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)