Cultural and Community Specialist
Location Houston, Texas, United States of America Category Sales Job Id R0019342
We’re unique. You should be, too.
We’re changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy?
We’re different than most primary care providers. We’re rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Cultural and Community Specialist is responsible for creating and nurturing meaningful relationships with key local communities and organizations serving low-income Medicare-eligible seniors, including but not limited to service coordinators of senior buildings, park district officials, food pantry coordinators, senior living facilities, religious organizations, local government officials, local businesses, senior outreach programs and others responsible for multiple seniors.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates variety of strategic internal and external community events to support company goals.
- Plans, coordinates and executes 8-10 community events per week (e.g., information sessions, health fairs, doc talks, etc.) to help reach our target market (i.e., medically underserved, Medicare-eligible seniors) and drive measurable traffic into ChenMed Medical Centers. Events will vary in size ranging from small (10-15) seniors), medium (16-50 seniors) and large (51-100+ seniors) to promote and enhance goodwill for ChenMed companies.
- Generates leads for the sales team and tracks success metrics. Achieves ROI measures consistently in documented members acquired.
- Strengthens and grows existing strategic alliances and develops new ones in the market on behalf of ChenMed companies.
- Partners with local churches and other religious organizations, particularly those with thriving senior ministries, as well as with a variety of senior-focused businesses (e.g. retail stores, restaurants, home health care agencies, Medicare Advantage health insurance companies, hospitals and specialty medical practices, etc.); senior focused nonprofit organizations (e.g., Meals-On-Wheels, social and civic groups, etc.); and with city, county and state government officials to promote helping seniors live better and longer.
- Promotes community events, primarily using grassroots techniques to maximize participation by relevant seniors at every community event. Collaborates with the Marketing Manager to effectively promote large scale events.
- Collaborates with diverse community partners to score value-added plug-in opportunities.
- Orchestrates strategic member education and social activities with the twists needed for current patients to refer even more relatives and friends in as new members of ChenMed.
- Educates colleagues and partners so community presentations and events remain focused on bringing seniors into ChenMed practices, where UVP messaging is strongest.
- Maintains and nurtures relationships with key community partners.
- Researches, writes, edits and delivers talking points and/or speeches informing target audiences of the benefits of the ChenMed’s integrated care model that’s helping thousands of seniors live better, longer and significantly reducing sick days in hospitals for seniors.
- Conducts all activities in ways that are compliant with CMS and HIPAA governmental requirements.
- Works collaboratively with ChenMed colleagues to achieve business objectives and remains sensitive and responsive to meeting the needs of operations, sales and medical team leaders.
- Perform other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of government resources, including Medicare and Medicaid is required.
- Excellent customer service, along with a “can do” service leader disposition.
- Track record of community engagement success, including rock-solid event planning and execution skills are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; presentation skills.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task, while staying flexible and organized.
- Knowledge of senior health, senior lifestyle, senior interests, and senior resources in the community strongly preferred.
- Established network of local community leaders, officials and businesses preferred.
- Familiarity with advocacy programs and exposure to assisting low-income families is a plus.
- Strong computer and analytical skills using CRM and Microsoft Office Products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook) plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software required.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and/or nationwide up to 75% of the time.
- Spoken and written fluency in English required.
We’re ChenMed and we’re transforming healthcare for seniors and changing America’s healthcare for the better. Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve. We’re growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health care.
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant community building work experience required.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
The Cultural and Community Specialist is responsible for creating and nurturing meaningful relationships with key local communities and organizations serving low-income Medicare-eligible seniors, including but not limited to service coordinators of senior buildings, park district officials, food pantry coordinators, senior living facilities, religious organizations, local government officials, local businesses, senior outreach programs and others responsible for multiple seniors.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director