CT Technologist (Part-Time / Weekends)
- Req. Number: 2020-31043
- Posted Date: 9/11/2020
- Shift: 9- Weekend Nights
- Work Schedule: Every other weekend (Friday - Sunday) 7:00 pm - 9:30 am
- Hours: 32 hours per pay period
- Address: 1600 E. High St.
- City, State: Pottstown, PA
- Department: CT Scanner
We believe in the power of people to create great care.
Pottstown Hospital is an acute care hospital offering an extensive range of services, including inpatient and outpatient, medical, surgical, diagnostic, and emergency care, as well as primary care, family practice, and pediatric offices. With 260 physicians representing 40 medical specialties, we serve the healthcare needs of residents in Pottstown and surrounding areas.
We’re 1,150 healthcare professionals strong, and our team of physicians, nurses, staff, and volunteers is focused on exceeding expectations while delivering compassionate, safe, quality care. Our accolades include: Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for hip and knee replacement; Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval and AHA Stroke Association Gold Plus Distinction for our Primary Stroke Center; and four-time commendation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons for our Regional Cancer Center.
The CT technologist must demonstrate an understanding of cross-sectional anatomy, pathology and medical terminology. Must maintain a high degree of accuracy in positioning and exposure technique, along with the knowledge of radiation protection and patient safety. Assists the Radiologist in the completion of examinations ranging from tissue biopsies to fluid drainages. CT technologists are primary liaisons between patients, radiologists and other health care members. Uses professional and ethical judgment, along with critical thinking in performing their duties.
Schedule: Every other weekend (Friday - Sunday) 7:00 pm - 9:30 am
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Completion of formal Radiologic Technologist training at an AMA approved school.
- Previous Cat Scan experience preferred.
- Familiarity with GE and Toshiba scanner preferred
- Current ARRT Licensure
- Maintains appropriate CE credits as per the ARRT
- Current American Heart Association CPR for HealthCare Provider required