You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
Must maintain active CRT, ARRT (R) (CT), and BLS certification/licenses.
Must have graduated from an AMA approved Rad Tech program and possess a venipuncture certification.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to accept and carry out oral and written instructions accurately.
2. Skill in performing all daily tasks independently, while working as part of a team, within a demanding environment.
3. Skill in employing independent decision making while performing various job functions.
4. Ability to promote team ownership of a project and avoid personal control.
5. Ability to prioritize work, handling multiple tasks to completion, within time allotted. Ability to meet deadlines.
6. Ability to show attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
7. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all levels of staff.
8. Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and diplomatically with patients, visitors, hospital staff, physicians, scientists and other outside departments both in person and over the telephone.
9. Communication skills both verbal and written with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds in order to obtain necessary information accurately and explain clinical procedures and practices.
10. Skill in speaking clearly and distinctly in English, using appropriate vocabulary and grammar. Skill in providing a language interpreter if appropriate.
11. Telephone manners and skills to handle all telephone calls with courtesy and tact.
12. Skill in reading documents written in standard English, including (but not limited to) requisitions, medical documents, policy and procedure manuals, technical procedure manuals, operator manuals, equipment manuals and other written instructions.
13. Knowledge of medical and scientific terminology, with the ability to distinguish between types of medical procedures and diagnoses
14. Knowledge of human anatomy and pathology.
15. Ability to respond efficiently to expressed needs of referring services, physicians and patients.
16. Ability to be courteous, compassionate and professional in any given situation, particularly with patients or visitors who are anxious and agitated.
17. Excellent skill in performing under stress of frequent interruptions and /or distractions.
18. Ability to respond appropriately to emergency situations.
19. Understands the requirement of EMTALA (Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act).
20. Ability to identify and recognize contraindications for exams (Radiology Only)
21. Ability to be flexible with working hours given adequate notice.
22. Demonstrates consistent professional appearance.
23. Basic typing skills to input various data into RIS and HIS information systems.
24. Demonstrated knowledge of clinical billing (RIS codes) to ensure appropriate accounting and reimbursement of services rendered.
25. Knowledge of cross-platform computers, application and peripherals, as well as general office equipment.
26. Ability to adapt to advancements and changing technologies.
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered