Providence Health has two campus locations. Providence Health's main campus is located in the heart of downtown Columbia. The 258-bed hospital is best known for its expertise in cardiac care and serves as a nationally-recognized referral center for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Located near Highway 77 in Northeast Columbia, Providence Health Northeast, is a 74-bed full-service hospital with special focus on neurosurgery, orthopedic care, and emergency services. For more information on Providence Health please visit:
Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health is currently looking for a CT Tech PRN to join our CAT Scan Unit.
- Properly identifies patient, verifies order, obtains and documents history. Educates pre and post and consents patients as per protocols. Assumes responsibility for the physical and psychological needs of the patient; communicating in a clear, concise manner. Observes the patient condition while in the department and seeks help from appropriate personnel when deemed necessary. Adheres to RED RULES and TIME OUT universal protocol.
- Prepares patients for scan; including the administration of oral contrast and obtaining intravenous access where required.
- Perform CT examinations according to protocols, to include transmission to PACS, CD-ROM disc creation and filming where required.
- Status the exam in computer consistent with the examination performed and associated documentation of critical values, pregnancy status, radiation protection, and invasive coding.
- Records pertinent exam information, including history, into the verified comments section on PACS for interpretation.
- Communicates with other hospital staff concerning patient hand - off, documenting appropriately in patient chart where required
- Must have knowledge of, and skill with pressure injection system operations.
- Assist Radiologist when needed for invasive procedures, adhering to RED RULES / universal protocol and TIME OUT.
- Charges exam related supplies in BCX system
- Use of CT workstation to create processed images for angiography or other CT procedure per protocol or physician direction.
- Provides appropriate radiation protection 100% of the time to self, patients, visitors, and other health care professionals. Adheres to policies and procedures related to radiation safety per Providence Hospital and regulatory agencies.
- Field all inquiries from physicians, offices, and other staff concerning patient examination.
- Answer phones when needed
- Dispose of contaminated red bags, needle boxes and biopsy trays properly.
- Check and record emergency supplies daily
- Keep supplies stocked and scan room clean and orderly
- Adheres to policies and procedures set forth by Providence Hospitals and all associated regulatory agencies.
- Understand and assist with the CT QA / QC program, performing a minimum of 1 CT QA test per week.
- For infection control and safety purposes, each technologist will daily maintain their assigned department areas per the schedule created and posted by the supervisor. The schedules will be reviewed by the managers each week for completeness.
Preferably one year of CT experience
Graduate of an approved program for radiologic technology/ computed tomography; ARRT (R) (CT). SCRQSA certified
ARRT (R) (CT)
Providence Health Downtown
2435 Forest Drive
Columbia, SC 29204
PRN (as needed)
Weekend availability a must
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.