Job ID: 86201
Area of Interest: Professionals
Location: Towson,MD US
Hours of Work: 8-4:30
Job Facility: UM St. Joseph Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
The Credentials Coordinator is responsible for the processing, tracking and maintenance of physician and
advanced practice provider hospital credentialing and privileging applications. The Credentials Coordinator
supports all medical staff activities including meetings and other communications.
• Must have knowledge of Joint Commission, CMS and state regulations as they pertain to credentialing and privileging;
• Accurately processes initial and reappointment applications within required timeframes;
• Maintains accurate credentialing database and paper credentials files;
• Communicates effectively with all providers, their administrative staff and all levels of hospital personnel;
• Demonstrates effective critical thinking and organizational skills;
• Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services, requirements and competency evaluations on time;
• Compliance: Understands regulatory requirements with regard to compliance and all other laws and regulations that apply to the organizational operations and how these regulations apply to the individual’s role/ department/ unit. Proactive in addressing compliance issues; reporting through appropriate channels;
• Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members. Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
What You Need to Be Successful:
* High School Diploma or GED (Required)
2 year / Associate’s Degree (Preferred)
Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Certification / Licensure / Registration
Experience and Skills
*3 years minimum previous experience in hospital medical staff credentialing and privileging (Required)
*3 years basic knowledge of TJC and CMS standards (Required)
*3 years demonstrated experience managing multiple projects with follow-through (Required)
*3 years proven ability to work with various levels of management as well as physicians. (Required)
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW