Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The Credentialing Specialist is responsible for the credentialing of Medical Staff and Advanced Practice Provider appointments, reappointments, clinical privileges and maintenance of the credentials data base. This role supports medical staff departments and committee meetings.
1) Associate degree in business or other equivalent office management. Bachelor degree preferred.
1) One year of health care related experience required.
2) Experience in medical staff credentialing preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Possess excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
2) Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
3) Strong attention to details.
4) Ability to handle sensitive information such as provider, meeting, and committee information in a confidential manner.
5) Ability to communicate in a professional manner both orally and in writing.
6) Ability to address conflict in a transparent and respectful manner.
7) Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional and other databases.
1) CPCS certification preferred