Wake Forest Baptist Health is a pre-eminent academic health system based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Wake Forest Baptist’s two main components are an integrated clinical system – anchored by Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, an 885-bed tertiary-care hospital in Winston-Salem – that includes Brenner Children’s Hospital, five community hospitals, more than 350 primary and specialty care locations and more than 2,500 physicians; and Wake Forest School of Medicine, a recognized leader in experiential medical education and groundbreaking research that includes Wake Forest Innovations, a commercialization enterprise focused on advancing health care through new medical technologies and biomedical discovery.
Janeway Tower Internal Medicine Multispecialty Clinic, Winston Salem
Downtown Health Plaza Internal Medicine Multispecialty Clinic, Winston Salem
The CMA, under direct supervision of the Medical Physician, assists in the appropriate elements of administrative and clinical responsibilities within the scope of the Certified Medical Assistant's training.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma (or equivalent) plus graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Associate Degree in Medical Assisting preferred.
- In addition, must have obtained certification (testing) as noted below.
Current Medical Assistant certification from one of the following is required:
- CMA from American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- CCMA from National Health career Association (NHA)
- NCMA from National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- RMA from American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Required.
- Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS) may be required within one year in select areas.
- Complies with the Medical Center mission, vision, and values as well as the philosophy of the Department of Nursing and Service line standards in caring for patients.
- Performs various clerical duties such as answering the phone, data entry, transcription, charge entry, and processing insurance forms. Maintains office supplies, facilities, and equipment.
- Schedules new, return, and procedure appointments applicable to the specific clinic setting. May also include scheduling hospital admissions and/or surgery cases.
- Assists medical staff with preparation, examination, and procedure to include performing patient history interview/screening to obtain personal data and chief complaint, documentation for records, and vital signs. Performs telephone and in-person screenings.
- Sets up, cleans, restocks, and prepares examination rooms. Prepares equipment, autoclave, sterilizer, and maintain treatment areas.
- Collects and processes specimens for diagnostic testing according to policy.
- Performs screening tests such as EKGs, hearing tests, vision tests and pulmonary testing (peak flow and pulse oximetry).
- Prepares and administers oral and parenteral medications and vaccines as directed by the physician. May call or e-prescribe prescriptions as directed. Maintains medication and immunization records.
- Complies with Medical Center Infection Prevention policies to manage infectious materials using aseptic techniques, sanitization, chemical disinfection, surgical asepsis, and correct handling of biohazardous materials.
- Documents all patient care delivered in the medical record according to medical center policy.
- Performs and maintains competency for point of care testing as assigned, ensuring compliance with WFBH Point of Care policies and with applicable state and federal regulations.
- Performs other related duties incidental to work described herein.
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.