State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
CPD Resource Leader Certified
Req ID: 38823BR
Job Summary: Reporting to the supervisor of the Central Processing Department (CPD), the CPD Resource Leader oversees a surgical specialty as a liaison between CPD, Clinical areas, and the Operating Room. The CPD Resource Leader is responsible for performing a variety of functions from decontamination, to cleaning, inspection, assembly, and sterilization of various instruments and equipment according to the Manufacturers Instructions for Use (IFU) and or Hospital policy. This role will assume the in charge position as designated on weekends and holidays.
- Initiates in-service training for essential new/review equipment or instrumentation. Assumes a leadership role throughout their shift and will assume the charge position as designated on weekends or holidays. Oversees a surgical specialty as Liaison between CPD and Clinic areas and the Operating Room.
- Communicates with OR for updates and changes in surgery schedule, prioritizes work based on surgical schedule. Assembles specialty case carts as pick lists require, sends completed case carts to the OR, and returns unused supplies from the OR to proper inventory.
- Assembles instrumentation for sterilization following the set count/instruction sheet. Set must be inspected for function, defects, cleanliness and overall condition. Performs decontamination procedures according to prescribed specifications in a safe and cost-effective manner. Disassembles instrumentation and processes it according to manufacturer's guidelines.
- Responsible for the monitoring of all sterilization processes that affect the achievement of sterility'the mechanical, chemical, and biological'as well as procedures for lot control and traceability. Practices proper safety precautions when working with chemicals and equipment.
- Maintains adequate par levels of products both common stock and special order items in a cost-effective manner, rotate stock. Utilizes Instrument Tracking System and Surgical Services Scheduling System (PIMS) as necessary.
- High School diploma or GED required. Vocational or Technical training in Central Processing Department preferred.
- Certificate 1 Certified Reg Cen Serv Tech required., or Certificate 2 Cert Sterile Proc required., and Certified Registered Central Sterile Technician (CRCST) or Certification Board for sterile processing and distribution. (CBSPD) Must be maintained for employment.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Must pass the hospital Core Competency Test within 3 months of hire.
- Must poses critical thinking skills and be able to problem solve. Must be able to function in a fast pace environment.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Very Heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force continually. Employee is physically active in all elements of the job.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply