COVID Vaccination Volunteer - Be a Part of History!
Why Mount Nittany Health?
Our volunteers are a diverse group. Whether you are retired, a student or a local resident with the urge to help, we are currently in need of volunteers and have various roles that support our community and our mission.
Mount Nittany Health is pleased to vaccinate thousands in our community with the COVID-19 vaccine. We are currently looking for qualified volunteers to assist at our ongoing vaccination clinics for the role below:
- Volunteer Medical Vaccinators: medical professionals to vaccinate, screen and monitor patients, and report any adverse reactions.
Interested in being a part of history? Review the details below to see if you are qualified to help your community in this important effort!
The following medical professionals may qualify to volunteer for this important project. Please review the specific qualifications listed for each:
All applicants will be required to submit a resume upon application.
Provider / RN / LPN with Active License and/or Actively Practicing
- Employment verification
- License check
Provider / RN / LPN Retired and/or Not Actively Practicing but have an Active License
- Apply for volunteer license-cannot start until license is received
- Review of prior license
Provider / RN / LPN Retired and/or have no Active License
- Review of prior license for good standing (within 5 years)
- Review of previous employment in past 5 years
- CDC COVID Education Modules
Nursing / Medical Students
- Must be supervised (Mount Nittany Health will provide supervision)
- Verification of education status in program
- License check
- Authorization to administer injectables must be valid
-CHART insurance will satisfy professional liability insurance requirement
- Confirm sufficient training, education or experience (i.e., certified)
- Must be supervised by a physician (Supervision will be provided by Mount Nittany Health)
Other important qualifications are as follow:
- Effective Communication Skills
- Ability to climb and descend stairs safely
- Ability to assist others who may have mobility issues
What will be required of you if you are selected?
All volunteers who are selected will be required to complete the following:
- You will be required to submit your Vaccination record for review to ensure they meet the requirements of Mount Nittany Health
- You will be required to submit current Background clearances: PA Child Abuse, PA State Police and a Fingerprint clearance. Should you not have these, Mount Nittany Health will assist in application for these clearances.
- You will be required to complete various learning modules and trainings provided by both the CDC and Mount Nittany Health
- You will be required to sign a volunteer agreement form and a HIPPA agreement form to ensure alignment with Mount Nittany Health policies and procedures
- You will be required to complete a documentation of competency (will be completed by Mount Nittany Health)
Mount Nittany Health will provide training and oversight of vaccine operations. If you meet the above requirements and would like to volunteer, click the Apply for this opportunity online button in the top right of this screen to start your application. Once you submit your application, a staff member will contact you should your qualifications match our needs.
Thanks so much for your interest in volunteering with Mount Nittany Health!