COVID Construction and Trades Testing RN
FT 40 HRS
2 days agoRequisition ID: 1510
The COVID Construction and Trades Testing RN provides nursing services at the top of the incumbent’s license to patients in accordance with all applicable Massachusetts State Laws as well as regulations promulgated by the Department of Public Health and Harbor Health Services, Inc. Duties include but are not limited to: triage; access; case management; and nursing support for the HHSI’s Construction and Trades COVID testing sites.
- Identifies individuals for COVID testing and monitoring care based on clinical protocols.
- Performs nurse visits for individuals experiencing COVID symptoms and assists with performing lab or point of care testing when needed.
- Works collaboratively as a team member assisting in projects and training of new staff to the department.
- Acts as liaison between the patient and the care team
- Instructs and observes patient performing COVID testing and assists with procedure as needed.
- Notifies patient of results and provides follow up care.
- Performs routine nursing duties as directed in writing by an authorized provider and/or as prescribed by law.
- Provides cross coverage and training for COVID monitoring telehealth visits and follow up.
- Takes thorough and accurate patient history.
- Provides patient education regarding quarantining and health education regarding COVID.
- Records pertinent information in medical record as per policy.
- Communicates with all staff, patients, and families demonstrating excellent written and verbal skills.
- Actively demonstrates a working knowledge of nursing theory, techniques, principles, and practice to holistically care for the patient
- Performs all nursing duties in accordance with Massachusetts Nursing Practice Act, while adhering to Harbor Health policies and procedures.
Required/Preferred Education, Expeirence and Skills:
- Associates in Nursing, BSN preferred
- Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse (RN)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to effectively work within both a team setting and independently
- Ability to work effectively with economically, racially and linguistically diverse customers
- Basic computer literacy (basic knowledge of scheduling software, principals of Windows and Microsoft Office)
- Experience in a community health setting preferred
- Ambulatory care or health insurance environment preferred
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.