Responsible for delivery of pharmaceutical, medical, surgical supplies, office supplies, lab work and other items between the hospital, departments, off-site locations and offices.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Previous courier or postal experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- Valid NC driver license.
- Makes daily deliveries and pickups to all assigned locations in a professional and courteous manner.
- Handles all routine or ?stat? phone calls in a courteous and friendly manner taking care of the request as soon as possible.
- Shows courtesy while driving in a safe manner at all times.
- Treats physicians, staff, patients and visitors with compassion and courtesy.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of patient related information, staff and physician matters.
- Utilizes time and resources with a minimum of waste while promoting service excellence and professionalism.
- Daily work routine is strictly regimented and must be followed accurately using established procedures.
- Requires a high degree of cooperation and excellent communication skills with all departments, offices and offsite locations.
- Reports and discusses any problems or requests with Manager.
- Constant attention to guard against hazardous conditions
- Proper use of body mechanics to prevent injuries
- Ability to stoop, lift and carry boxes weighing up to 60lbs
- Occasional exposure to wet conditions
- Requires use of freight handling equipment such as hand trucks, carts, etc.
- Fast-paced environment
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.