Center City, Philadelphia, PA
Responsible in managing Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs) and Confidential Disclosure Agreements (CDAs) which includes but not limited to reviewing, negotiating, execution of MTAs and CDAs, as well as MTA and CDA related problem solving. Investigates third party material use situation and examines material ownership related issues. Conducts interviews with researchers related to research scope and provide strategy to resolve intellectual property issues.
- Manages Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs) and Confidential Disclosure Agreements (CDAs), review, negotiate, execution of MTAs and CDAs and related problem solving
- Updates and maintains MTA database which include action log
- Investigates third party material use situation
- Examines material ownership related issues
- Conducts interviews with researchers related to research scope and provide strategy to resolve intellectual property issues
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the values of Jefferson.
Bachelor's degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience.
- Prior experience as a paralegal, in managing MTAs, or with contracts at a university or in industry preferred.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, computer-operating, written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and is sensitive to deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and work closely with colleagues as needed.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Par Reference Code