Continuity of Care Nurse Case Manager
Monday – Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
$29.41 – $58.14 Hourly
August 31, 2021
You can use your expertise, compassion, and kindness to transform the patient experience. When you join UCLA Health as a nurse, you’ll deliver leading-edge care as you build an exceptional career with a health system that’s consistently ranked among the best in the country.
We’re seeking a self-directed, assertive, creative problem solver with:
· A current, valid CA LVN license
· At least three years of acute hospital experience
· Two or more years of utilization management, case management or discharge planning experience in an HMO environment
· Team leading or management experience
· Systems planning and care management background in a high-volume setting
· Proven resourcefulness with strong communication, diplomacy, organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills
· Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams
· Computer proficiency
· Understanding of the functions of a large university teaching hospital
· Ability to abstract and interpret medical information from patient records
· Familiarity with the laws, rules, and regulations regarding utilization review and discharge planning
· Ability to develop individualized case management plans that addresses physical, vocational, psychosocial, financial, and educational needs
UCLA Health is a world-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles as well as the David Geffen School of Medicine. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles’ trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, you can at UCLA Health.
If you want to grow professionally, this is the right place for you.
We are family here. We support each other. We collect together.
It’s so diverse and inclusive here. There’s always the opportunity to share your thoughts. It's a place where you feel you belong.