Consultation Liaison Psychiatrist
- Req. Number: 2019-23821
- Posted Date: 9/5/2020
- Shift: 1-Day
- Address: N/A
- City, State: Reading, PA
- Department: THMG Psych
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. With more than 14,000 team members, Tower Health consists of Reading Hospital in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, a partnership of Tower Health and Drexel University in Philadelphia. It also includes Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing; Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences in West Reading; home healthcare services provided by Tower Health at Home; and a network of 22 urgent care facilities across the Tower Health service area. Tower Health offers a connected network of 2,200 physicians, specialists, and providers across more than 230 convenient locations.
Tower Health and Acadia Healthcare have formed a joint venture, Tower Behavioral Health (TBH) in Reading, PA. The beautiful 83- acre campus is comprised of a state-of-the-art 144- bed inpatient facility, with multiple levels of outpatient services, and future plans to open a 68- bed Residential Treatment Center. TBH is actively recruiting and hiring Adult, Child and Adolescent Inpatient and Outpatient Psychiatrists and will continue to do so over the next 3 years, as services expand, and we provide evidenced based clinical services. We have a wide range of positions available including full-time staff psychiatrists, weekend, evening and overnight coverage.
Berks County offers excellent schools, colleges, parks, and a multitude of cultural, recreational, shopping and sporting attractions are in the vicinity. You will enjoy country living with easy accessibility to shore points, two airports and major metro areas, such as Philadelphia, Washington DC and New York City.
Details for this full-time inpatient consultation position:
- This position will be at Reading Hospital
- Consulting Psychiatrist comes to assess any Reading Hospital inpatient with psychiatric need
- 2 extenders will review each case before the physician arrives
- Busiest Emergency Department in Pennsylvania with 137,000 visits annually
- 19-bed Medical Complexity Unit
- 10-bed, fully secured Psychiatric Emergency Services Unit
- Telepsychiatry supports night hours
Additional Psychiatric services offered by Tower Health, but not within this provider's job description, include: A 20-bed residential substance abuse detox and rehab, extensive outpatient services throughout Berks County, including partial hospitalization and an Assertive Community Treatment Program. Other services include Medication Assisted Treatment, Behavioral Medicine Pain Management, and a Senior Assessment Program.
- Competitive salary
- Educational loan assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Attractive physician incentive program
- Generous CME stipends and time off
- Claims-made malpractice insurance including tail coverage
- 403b and 457b retirement plans with company match through Lincoln Financial
- Excellent health/dental/vision benefits
- Spousal job search support
Read more on the Joint Venture
MD or DO; Board Certified/Board Eligible in Adult Psychiatry
Completed Fellowship in C/L is preferred