Center City, Philadelphia, PA
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Conflict of Interest (COI) Administrator oversees and implements the Jefferson Enterprise Conflict of Interest programs governed by Jefferson’s General Conflict of Interest and Institutional Conflict of Interest policies. The COI Administrator proactively evaluates the effectiveness of enterprise conflict of interest disclosure processes, reporting, and management activities and serves as a partner to all Jefferson departments and divisions engaged in activities covered under relevant organizational conflict of interest and related policies. In collaboration with the Office of Legal Counsel and Finance, the COI Administrator also serves as a liaison and resource to members of Jefferson’s Board of Trustees, vendors, and other entities from whom information must be collected to adhere to federal, state, and internal regulations governing financial relationships and activities that may impact or influence Jefferson’s ongoing programs, services, and activities.
- Supervises and Administers the Annual Conflict of Interest disclosure processes required under Jefferson’s relevant conflict of interest policies.
- Maintains accurate databases and records related to all conflict of interest disclosures obtained pursuant to relevant Jefferson policies.
- Recommends, maintains, and reports on the effectiveness of all conflict of interest related training delivered pursuant to relevant Jefferson policies.
- Provides direct and effective support for all activities in which the Jefferson Enterprise Conflicts of Interest Committee engages.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the values of Jefferson.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION:
- Health Care Compliance Research preferred but not required.
- Project Management certification desirable.
- 5 years of experience working in an academic medical center or university research-related environment.
- Attention to detail with specific emphasis on written deliverables and data analysis.
- Database management, data analysis and reporting experience is required.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office tools with a focus on Excel, Adobe, various databases and tools used for designing effective presentations.
- Superior communication and organizational skills.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Par Reference Code