Job Purpose is to operate and oversees the various Data Center computers, preparing the required reports, actively monitoring the data center operations systems using the supplied IT tools and alert monitors. Responsible for taking all Help Desk after hour calls. Also responsible for contacting the proper personnel with the information required for any escalated situations and meeting the goals established by the operations
shift schedule. Supports the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Methodist Health System.
Your Job Recruitment:
- Graduate of an accredited Data Processing Trade School or other similar educational institution. Must maintain management administered test scores of 2.75 annually to maintain the title of Senior Operator.
- Responsible for the physical security of over 2 million dollars of equipment
- Work Experience: 6 months experience
- Works overtime as required
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Answers all Help Desk Phone after hours and weekends
- Identifies, remediate, and places calls to the properly identified equipment field engineers when there is a malfunction within a timely manner
- Monitors the hardware, network, and software applications status of the various Data Center Equipment. This includes first level response and triage
- Perform tasks as specified by the Manager or Supervisor of Operations
- Place calls to application programmer/analysts in the event of an application software production problem that cannot be corrected by following standard recovery procedures. This includes escalation of the issue until successful resolution by following a checklist methodology.
- Trains new computer operators and trains other IT Operations department personnel on server and storage operations.
- Updates and monitors the Daily Production Schedule
- Verifies that all entries in the operations turn over log and share point are complete and up to date.