Compensation Consultant - Work From Home - Pennsylvania Resident
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Administers, directs, and reviews the compensation programs for the Health System. Designs, implements, and monitors compensation programs that contribute to growth and fiscal responsibility by ensuring that pay structures are competitive and designed and managed to attract and retain a top-quality workforce. Ensures that policies, procedures, and programs are in alignment with the organization’s overall strategic objectives and Human Resources vision.
1) Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, Economics, Finance, or a related field or a combination of education and experience.
2) MBA or graduate-level degree in related field preferred.
1) Three year’s compensation administration in an organization of similar size and complexity.
2) Previous experience in integrated health systems and physician practices preferred.
3) Previous experience in developing leadership incentive plans preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Familiar with a variety of compensation concepts, practices, and procedures.
2) Knowledge of business management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques and resources.
3) Excellent oral and written communications, and interpersonal skills.
4) Conducts business in a professional and cordial manner that upholds the integrity and reputation of Mount Nittany Health.
5) Knowledge of human resource laws and regulations as they relate to the management of staff.
6) Proficient with Microsoft Office software. Advanced Excel skill level is desirable.
7) Maintains ongoing awareness of developments in compensation, and human resource practices.
8) Demonstrated record of positive customer interactions and a commitment to service.
9) Well-developed written and verbal presentation skills.
10) Creative problem solving abilities.
Relevant professional designation (PHR, SHRM-CP, CEBS, CMS) is preferred.
Receives minimal supervision from the Director, Talent Acquisition and Compensation.