State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Community Practice Assistant-Extended Care Community Program
Req ID: 39688BR
Job Summary: The Community Practice Assistant answers calls from or regarding community patients consisting of residents of nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, elder housing facilities, and persons homebound due to frailty.
- Resolves non-urgent requests immediately over the phone whenever possible. Gathers pertinent information when taking a message for a provider and sends it via Telephone Encounter in ECW or via paging system. Documents process/resolution in the patient electronic medical record.
- Prioritize calls for urgency and pages providers as necessary.
- Confirms eligibility and enters demographic information for new patients. Sends forms and information about the house calls program to new patients' families. Answers new patient inquiries.
- Processes requests from families, patients, providers and specialists for test results and information from patient records. Processes prescription requests from families, patients, providers and pharmacies.
- Orders labs, diagnostic tests, visiting nurse services, physical therapy and durable medical equipment for community patients, as requested by our providers or housing facilities.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Certificate 1 Medical Admin Assistant Cert preferred.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- One year experience in a healthcare or service/hospitality environment.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply