Center City, Philadelphia, PA
Serves as a liaison between health and social services and the community to facilitate access and improve health outcomes by increasing health knowledge and self-sufficiency through a range of activities such as outreach, community education, counseling, social support and advocacy. Acts as an administrative assistant to the Executive Director
- Performs administrative assistant duties and services for the Executive Director such as: schedule appointments and maintain calendars; prepare communications, memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence; maintains inventory and orders office supplies and equiptment as indicated; and maintains center welcome area.
- Plan and implement culturally and linguistically appropriate training and educational activities aimed at the TJUH /Temple patient and community populations in which health disparities exist.
- Assists with scheduling health screening and prevention events and ensuring adequate staffing, equipment, room location and adequacy of necessary resources and supplies. These programs include but are not limited to healthy lifestyle programs such as diabetes education, chronic disease management, behavioral health, nutrition and physical activity/fitness, health screenings and other prevention events. Address barriers to behavior change including social determinants of health.
- Trained lifestyle coach for the diabetes prevention program.
- Fosters and sustains relationships with community stakeholders.
- Screen and refer participants for appropriate health and social services to address individual and family needs.
- Continuously expand knowledge and understanding of community resources, services and programs.
- Works with Jefferson/Temple staff and community organizations to assure patients and community members have access to healthy affordable food. Work with healthcare staff to assess nutrition needs of clientele and make referrals as appropriate.
- Assists with the development of evaluation tools and processes, conduct evaluations/assessment and revise health and wellness programs based on assessment results. Maintains health programs files and program records including databases related to program evaluation. Enter program data into appropriate databases and prepare statistical reports and program summaries. Maintain ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation of patient referrals.
- Assist with the development and implemention of program standards, policies and procedures, which are consistent with Hospital, University and program goals.
- Prepare and disseminate meaningful reports as directed.
- Serves as a visible and engaged leader that energizes and communicates effectively with health care providers, leadership, community stakeholders, patients and staff.
- Performs duties and services related to quality, safety, education, and policy & procedure.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the values of Jefferson.
High school diploma or GED
Community Health Worker Training (or related experience)
Previous experience preffered
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.