Center City, Philadelphia, PA
The Community Health Worker (CHW) will assist individuals and communities to adopt healthy behaviors. The CHW will help patients and their families navigate and access community resources and services. The CHW will provide support to the selected practice care coordinators and providers through a team based care model. The CHW will provide social support, informal counseling, education on the various community resources and services, and advocate for individual and community health needs. The CHW will be a liaison between the patient/families and community service agencies.
- Assists in developing and implementing care plans in cooperation with patients, families, and care providers
- Identifies and help enroll eligible individuals in federal, state, and local private or nonprofit health and human services programs
- Serves as a liaison between patients/families/communities and healthcare agencies
- Provides Guidance and social assistance to patients families and community residents
- Enhances patients’ ability to effectively communicate with healthcare providers
- Provides culturally and linguistically appropriate health education materials within the scope of training
- Provides referral, follow-up services and schedule patient appointments as needed
- Assists patients and families in understanding and carrying out their healthcare providers’ advice
- Follows-up whether patients are receiving and adjusting well to their care plans, providing additional resources as necessary.
- Compiles and tracks community resources available to and used by Jefferson’s patient population
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the iSCORE values of Jefferson.
- Conduct home visits (may not be applicable for all CHW)
Jefferson patients and staff
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION:
Certified Community Health Worker training program preferred.
Prior experience in community outreach preferred.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Par Reference Code