Community Health Specialist
Job ID: 95517
Area of Interest: Professionals
Location: Cheverly,MD US
Hours of Work: 8a-5p
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical System
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Community Health Specialist Full-Time Largo, MD
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center. When you come to University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you’re coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 224- bed suburban Towson, MD campus. You’re embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere, and makes convenience and flexibility a priority.
As a team member at UM Capital Region Health Largo, MD you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, and generous paid time off.
- Free Parking & On-Site Fitness Center
- Recognition: We have a positive points recognition program designed to reward and recognize our outstanding employees; employees can also recognize their peers
- On-Site Daycare
The Community Health Specialist assists with the development and implementation of community health strategies and initiatives, providing coordination and support of the community health team. Specialists will assist in managing community outreach projects including communications, special events planning and other related activities.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position.
- Plans, implements and monitors ongoing community health programs in support of the mission, values, goals and objectives of the system and local site as directed by manager or director.
- Provides assistance with writing and/or purchasing collateral material to support community health initiatives.
- Represents local site and/or UMMS at a variety of local health coalitions or with external community partners.
- Works on planning and development of projects with a variety of internal and external partners.
- Assists in the development and implementation of community health programs for targeted community population.
- Demonstrates ability to manage, develop, plan and deliver projects with minimal direction while meeting deadlines.
- Supports department leaders in other projects as needed including internal and external events.
- Communicates project updates and plans with key stakeholders both internally and externally. Manages deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously, and completes work quickly and with high attention to detail.
- Develops effective working relationships and maintains good communications externally with community partners and internally across the organization and system.
- Identifies and participates in events, hosted by community partners to promote the image and reputation of the local site and UMMS.
- Develops and maintains detailed reports of analytical results that track events and initiatives either using CBSA and/or other programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or at least 1-2 years experience and training in a health related field – i.e. health education, nutrition, exercise science.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of related or internship experience preferred.
- Current CPR experience and/or Emergency First Aid training preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hello, my name is Meena Williamson and I'm a recruiter with UMMS. What I enjoy most about working for UMMS is that I have a great talent acquisition team, we work together as change agents and ambassadors for UMMS, and we are actively interacting with candidates, helping them to become employed. And we have a great leadership team that supports us and provides us with the resources we need to be successful in our roles as recruiters. I enjoy the comradery. I enjoy meeting all of the candidates and the managers and it's a really rewarding opportunity to be here with UMMS. Thank you for watching this video and I hope you can join us sometimes.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW