Communications Strategist- Full Time – Annapolis
Category: Allied Health
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: June 23, 2021
The communications strategist will be primarily responsible for supporting the director and manager in executing the communications strategy for the office of the CEO and the executive team. This position will collaborate directly with executive leaders, capturing their voice and building a relationship of trust and confidence to produce talking points, remarks, letters, statements, content and other correspondence as needed. Secondarily, this position will support internal communications campaigns and strategy development to help meet organizational goals and objectives.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Assist in the development of briefs, talking points, speeches, thought leadership pieces, presentation materials, background research and other communications as needed for the office of the CEO and executive leaders.
- Aid in the review of internal and external communications to ensure factual accuracy, brand messaging, and alignment with executive voice.
- Support the development and execution of successful communications programs and strategies for the office of the CEO and executive leaders.
- Partners closely with executives and team leaders across the system to implement communications programs, campaigns and initiatives in alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
- Supports media, emergency and crisis communications efforts as necessary.
- Rotates as 24-hour on-call media/social media representative.
- Assumes responsibility for special assignments, particularly during crisis or special events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Provides cross coverage to other interdepartmental functions, including communications, media relations, social media, design, web and marketing.
- Work strategically to meet organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in communications, corporate internal communications, executive communications.
- Preferred: Master’s degree. Accreditation in business communications (ABC) or public relations (APR); seven years of communications generalist experience, with at least three years in a large organization. Understanding of operational excellence principles, including values integration.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)