Communications Center Specialist
The Communications Center Specialists are the “epicenter” of the Novant Health physical security program. These team members are responsible for thoroughly understanding all Public Safety IT programs/applications, Novant Health facility locations, Public Safety protocols, and Public Safety policies. They must be self-motivated, possess critical thinking skills, be able to function under high stress, contribute to a team environment, and communicate information clearly in a timely manner.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: High school diploma required. Some college courses preferred.
- Experience: Satisfactory experience as a Communications Technician, Emergency Telecommunications Specialist, or Dispatcher preferred. Related experience will be considered.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Crisis Prevention Institute Non-Violent Crisis Intervention within 1 year of hire. APCO Public Safety Tele-communicator I and AHA Basic Life Support certified within 6 months of hire – required.
- Additional skills required: Satisfactorily completes all required organizational and departmental in-service training programs. Intermediate computer skills. Minimum keyboard/typing speed of 25 words per minute. Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing. Ability to learn and understand complex electronic monitoring systems. Ability to recognize and respond to emergency situations. Ability to solve problems on an independent basis. Ability to accurately receive and transmit information via two-way radio, telephone, electronic mass notification systems, or overhead paging. Ability to translate observations and information into legible, complete, and accurate reports. Ability to perform multiple tasks rapidly and accurately under crisis conditions. No criminal record. Immediately notifies Director of Public Safety Technology and Preparedness, Manager, Security Operations Center, or Supervisor, Security Operations Center Manager of any and all charges relating to a criminal complaint.
- Additional skills preferred: ITS, Security, law enforcement or military communications experience.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health