Collegiate Student Nurse
Job ID: 87313
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Easton,MD US
Hours of Work: varies
Job Facility: UM Shore Regional Health
Employment Type: Supplemental/Per Diem
What You Will Do:
Collegiate Student Nurse
Supplemental Per Diem – Rotating Shift
At University of Maryland Shore Regional Health, you can learn, grow and make a lasting impact on patients and families. You’ll experience the support of a collaborative work environment and a sense of collegiality unlike any other. Our comprehensive system has many locations and practice options to choose from throughout the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Assists the professional and licensed nursing staff in the implementation of age-specific (as defined in unit-based scope of serve) nursing care.
- In sharing his/her observations, the Collegiate Nurse contributes to information needed in assessing, planning, and evaluating the care of a group of patients.
- The Collegiate Nurse is an ancillary hospital employee functioning in Nursing Service under the direct supervision of an RN.
- He/she assumes responsibility to provide care to patients under the direction supervision of an RN.
- The employee in this position must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on the age of the patients served.
- He/she must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status, to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the necessary care as described in the department’s policies and procedures.
Contact: Meena Williamson, Recruiter – Meena.Williamson@umm.edu or 443-615-1335
What You Need to Be Successful:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited nursing program with completion of one clinic course in acute care setting.
- Successful completion of Fundamentals of Nursing Course.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) license.
- BLS required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on