CODER 2 MMG
Responsible for assignment of accurate CPT/HCPCS, ICD10, and appropriate modifiers from medical record documentation (paper or electronic) for both outpatient and inpatient professional encounters. Assist in auditing E&M services against documentation (paper or electronic) within the medical record. Aid in training and educating providers and staff on coding issues, and play a significant role in coding compliance activities.
Your Job Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree preferred -OR- Associate degree in Health Information Management preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years recent experience in the outpatient (primary care & surgical) setting.
- Surgical coding in Trauma, General Surgery, Orthopedics, and/or Neurosurgery preferred
- Must hold Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist – Physician (CCS-P) with the appropriate level of experience
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Communicate clearly and openly
- Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment
- Be accountable for your performance
- Always look for ways to improve the patient experience
- Take initiative for your professional growth
- Be engaged and eager to build a winning team
Additional Information: Methodist Medical Group is the North Texas physician organization affiliated with Methodist Health System. Established to meet the healthcare needs of North Texas communities, our fast-growing network of providers includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic, and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. Methodist Medical Group employees enjoy not only competitive salaries but also the outstanding benefits package of Methodist Health System, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; a matched retirement plan; an employee wellness program; and more. The opportunities for career growth are equally generous. Our affiliation means being part of an award-winning workplace:
- A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journa
- 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare nine years in a row by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
- One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
- Military Friendly Employer
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist