Clinical Support Assistant
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Provides clerical and clinical support, care coordination and education for patients undergoing sleep center studies and examinations with direction and collaboration of the physicians. Responsible for providing clerical support for Mount Nittany Medical Center (MNMC)’s Sleep Laboratory including demographic/clinical intake and scheduling of sleep studies, preparing and distributing correspondence and reports, and additional duties in support of the program. Performs duties to provide the highest level of customer service and satisfaction in a manner consistent with MNMC mission, values and service standards. Serves as a liaison between the patient and the MNMC Sleep Center.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1) Requires knowledge of secretarial skills and office support operations.
2) Requires knowledge of medical terminology and word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
3) Knowledge of medical practice and patient care, medical equipment and instruments and examination, diagnostic room procedures.
4) Knowledge of physician office procedures and medical terminology.
5) Basic knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding guidelines.
6) Demonstrates effective written and spoken communication skills.
7) Demonstrates appropriate social skills.
8) Demonstrates ability to follow direction.
1) High School diploma or equivalent.
2) Graduate of accredited medical assistant program preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
1) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
1) Minimum of one year prior secretarial and/or medical assistant experience required.
2) Experience in a clinical setting, working with multiple principals preferred.
3) Requires experience with computers and triaging phone calls and composition of correspondence.
4) Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Access preferred.