Clinical Studies Coordinator I, Gerontology "Job Details"
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
- Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, US
10/05/2021, 06:56 AM
Under general supervision, responsible for the compilation and collection of data, recruitment of subjects, and general coordination of clinical studies.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study or an equivalent combination of experience and education. Experience in a medical and/or research setting. Paramedical experience.
- Understanding of medical and/or scientific terminology
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Registered Record Administrator preferred.
- Assists in all aspects of the data collection process. Performs technical procedures on clinical subjects under the direction of the principal investigator or his/her designee. Completes study procedures as mandated by study protocol.
- Administers and scores various neuropsychological and psychological tests and assists the supervising neuropsychologist/psychologist by administering test and other measures to participants to assess factors such as memory and intellectual functioning.
- Assists with recruitment of patients for the clinical study including tracking the sources of patient referrals. Follow-up with sources of patient referrals including referring doctors, various Medical Center labs, and other sources.
- Maintains appropriate patient records as necessary. This includes charting the condition of the patient and determining their continued eligibility in the study. Maintains study binders and other data in an organized an easily accessible fashion: collects data on patients involved in clinical trials, completes source documentation worksheets as needed; collects data, prepares reports, answers correspondence, and compiles statistics for administrative and regulatory purposes.
- Performs day-to-day administrative and clerical duties (e.g., data entry).
- Consults and cooperates with all faculty, coordination centers, sponsors, and health professionals involved in the clinical study.
- Ensures compliance with each protocol and IRB regulations and assists in maintenance of regulatory documents, assuring resolution of all quality control discrepancies related to data and research documents.
- Provides a friendly, safe, timely, quality-driven environment responsive to patients’ needs and compliant with the research protocol.
- Ensures that patients are treated in a manner to achieve a high quality result.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Clean, well-lit, office environment
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.