Clinical Staff Pharmacist I (Inpatient) – Full-time/Night Shift
Category: Allied Health
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: January 13, 2021
Under general supervision, the Staff Pharmacist facilitates the safe, high quality, effective and economic use of drugs. This responsibility includes the accurate preparation and dispensing of pharmaceuticals according to established departmental policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Verifies the accuracy of order entry by authorized prescribers in computerized patient medication profiles.
- Reviews written medication orders or prescriptions to determine appropriate ingredients, strength, and dosage. Reviews medication orders for: potential allergies, drug/drug and food/drug interactions, route of administration, appropriate dose and potential for adverse drug reactions with other medications ordered.
- Contacts the prescriber, as appropriate, to clarify orders and/or make recommendations concerning alternate therapies.
- Provides drug information to patients, physicians, nurses, and other clinical staff where appropriate and upon request.
- Participates in improvements in interdepartmental policies and procedures which support the Pharmacy Department and Hospital's strategic goals. Maintains accurate records as required by departmental policies and procedures and/or federal and state board regulations.
- Documents clinical activities accurately and according to policies and procedures.
- Supervises the daily operational duties in the dispensing area to which assigned, including assisting and assigning, closely monitoring and reviewing the work of Pharmacy Technicians, to assure accurate and timely delivery of medications.
- Supports the Investigational Drug Service in the daily operations of the department.
- Educates and supervises technical staff in the preparation of intravenous admixture solutions and chemotherapeutic agents, using aseptic technique.
- Participates in patient care rounds and unit based services which may include: medication reconciliation, promoting medication efficacy/safety/cost improvement initiatives, patient care team education, participation in unit process improvement activities, and patient education & follow-up as appropriate.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy.
- Current Maryland State License.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Medium
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)