Clinical Social Worker Core Life
The employee’s Number One job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families. Working within CoreLife Novant Health clinics and together with a multidisciplinary team, the LCSW will assist in the assessment, planning, arranging, and implementation of psychosocial services for CoreLife patients.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Conduct initial evaluations of CoreLife patients by interviewing, observing behaviors, selecting and administering appropriate screening tools.
- Develop treatment plans by determining the nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral disorders; establishing treatment goals and methodologies in relation to disordered eating, overweight and obesity.
- Conduct individual therapy providing evidence based psychotherapeutic interventions, discuss progress toward established patient goals complimenting the overall care plan.
- Responsible for the content of education and counseling for both individual patients or groups of patients and serves as a liaison to community, individuals and groups as appropriate.
- Counsel patients and interpret to professional and lay groups the special psychosocial needs.
- Prepare psychosocial educational materials as needed or required.
- Coordinate with clinical, health education, community health and other staff members in the provision of services to patients. Provide referrals for services needed.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
Education: Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or related field.
Experience: Minimum or 2 years experience in an outpatient clinic setting working with disordered eating associated with obesity preferred.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current LCSW licensure
Additional Skills Required:
Critical thinking to integrate facts, informed opinions, active listening, and observations.
- Decision making, problem solving and collaboration.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish productive working relationships with multidisciplinary team and support services.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form to patients, public, medical staff, and physicians.
- Ability to counsel and motivate others, as individuals and as a group
- General knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and professional presentation software.
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in medical protocols and policy.
- Knowledge and skills working with patients with eating disorders.
Adherence to CoreLife’s Mission & Values:
- Provide the highest level of customer service.
- Provide the highest level of care.
- Empower our patients to achieve the highest quality health outcomes.
- Treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness.
- Act with honesty, integrity, and fairness in the way we conduct our business.
- Results focused, succeed together, and willing to take risks.
- Relentlessly challenge complacency, mediocrity, and the status quo.
● Have trust, loyalty and respect for our colleagues and partners.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time. Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement. The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care. All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health