CLINICAL SECRETARY - 3 MEDICAL
We need high-performing, experienced, and passionate administrative assistant professionals to provide general office and secretarial services to include basic filing, reception, telephone, and word processing Responsibilities. If you're driven to create an outstanding patient experience, you'll really shine here.
Your Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1 year work experience preferred
- Ability to type 30 words per minute
- Able to professionally and effectively communicate (orally and in writing)
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and assists in orientation for new secretaries.
- Maintains PAR levels by ordering office/clinical/nutritional supplies as needed.
- Perform receptionist duties including, but not limited to, answering the department telephone recording complete messages, greeting patients/visitors in a professional and timely manner, providing general information and direction, maintaining appointment schedules and department files
- Responsible for preparation, accuracy and completeness of reports, records and clinical packets.
- Communicates with clinical team regarding pending discharges, occupied and unoccupied bed status and bed tracking reports.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness in and around work area, centralized nurses' station/work area and other assigned areas.
- Manages patient intercom system by answering call bell in a timely manner and timely notifications of appropriate clinical staff.
- Transcribes physician orders accurately.
Additional Information: Methodist Richardson Medical Center is a 284-bed, full-service hospital that serves Richardson, Garland, Plano, and the surrounding areas in Dallas and Collin counties. Magnet® designated for nursing excellence, it was the first healthcare facility to earn the Texas Award for Performance Excellence, patterned after the renowned Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. We also provide care at Methodist Richardson Medical Center – Campus for Continuing Care, which offers a behavioral health and addiction recovery unit, inpatient rehabilitation and long-term acute care, a full-service emergency department, and more. Methodist Richardson strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
- Magnet®-designated hospital
- First in the nation to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Pancreatic/Hepatic/Biliary Cancer Certification
- ANCC Pathway to Excellence® Program
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center certified by The Joint Commission and the American Stroke Association
- American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Receiving Center Gold Plus, 2019
- Certified Quality Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
- Robotic da Vinci® Surgical System for minimally invasive procedures
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist