Center City, Philadelphia, PA
The Clinical Research Nurse III performs basic nursing skills, study coordination and data management, with a central focus on managing subject recruitment and enrollment, consistency of study implementation, data management and integrity, and compliance with regulatory requirements and reporting.
- Collects and documents clinical information (data) from study participants.
- Provides patient education regarding research study.
- Obtains informed consent and supports enrollment into clinical trials.
- Interacts with consortium members, organizes meetings and communicates with participating institutions, tracks and records progress, schedules meetings, records and distributes minutes.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the iSCORE values of Jefferson.
- OTHER FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- May collect and process specimen tissue to be analyzed by technical personnel
- Works in collaboration with research team, and participates in identification, development, implementation and evaluation of specific goals and objectives.
- Supports administration in the adherence to protocol guidelines.
- Collects and assists in organizing data for the research team.
Nursing Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing, BSN preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION:
PA RN License
Minimum of 2 years of experience with a minimum of 1 year of RN clinical experience and a minimum of 1 year of clinical research experience. Some management experience preferred.
- Clinical Leadership: Knowledge of key business concepts relevant to the healthcare function, the ability to balance business needs with patient care priorities.
- Clinical Research: Knowledge of theories and methodologies of medical science research, ability to use research processes, tools and technologies to determine the safety and effectiveness of medical products and services intended for human use.
- Coaching Others: Knowledge of coaching concepts and methods, ability to encourage, motivate, and guide individuals or teams in learning and improving effectiveness.
- Communicating Complex Concepts: Knowledge of, and the ability to use summarization and simplification techniques to explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience.
- Consulting: Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external, ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking: Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process, ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
- Influencing: Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies, ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
- Knowledge of Organization: Knowledge of the organization's vision, structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles, values, and code of ethics, ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.