Clinical Practice & Development Coordinator (RN) – Oncology
Job ID: 89523
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F, 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Clinical Practice & Development Coordinator (RN) – Oncology
Full Time (1.0 fte), M-F, 8-4:30pm
We are looking for a talented Clinical Practice & Development Coordinator (RN) – Oncology to join our nursing leadership team here at University of Maryland Medical Center, Downtown Campus.
You’ll grow with us. Our advanced training, cutting-edge equipment and professional development will elevate your skills and experience. As a regional center and leader for specialty and critical care, University of Maryland Medical Center is a world class 806-bed, Magnet® designated Academic Medical Center with a comprehensive and technologically advanced surgical suites. Home to the world leader in trauma care, The R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center. The Beacon Award for Excellence – the most prestigious national recognition for critical care – has been awarded to three units at UMMC.
Under limited supervision provides leadership, expertise and professional support services to direct care staff and leaders in nursing and patient care services. Serves as an educator, consultant, collaborator, facilitator, and change agent. Leads in the assessment, development, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of a model for professional practice that fosters the delivery of high quality, cost effective patient care, as well as exceptional clinical practice and the professional development of staff. Uses organizational assessment and evaluation strategies to analyze organizational performance and capability, and develops strategies to enhance effectiveness of teams and work groups.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
- In the context of a long-term strategic plan and annual priorities, collaborates with executive and leadership staff to identify priorities for action and allocates resources for the greatest impact.
- Identifies outcomes for targeted improvement and develops and implements strategies to achieve outcomes and to measure performance.
- Develops and maintains an open and continuous communication network with interdependent units, colleagues, and agencies to facilitate quality care and to promote the profession of nursing and the health care system.
- Actively participates, facilitates and provides leadership in formal Nursing Shared Governance and/or multidisciplinary committees or councils.
- Demonstrates leadership in promoting and valuing workforce diversity and provides education that supports the delivery of culturally competent patient care.
- Initiates and maintains collaborative relationships and activities with affiliated schools, specifically with the University of Maryland School of Nursing.
- Assesses and monitors the financial and environmental impact of current and new programs, and implements cost effective programs within established financial boundaries.
- Provides leadership in a variety of indirect and direct patient care activities that enhances clinical and quality outcomes.
- Provides or seeks clinical expertise in nursing practice based on ongoing review of outcomes data and regional and national practice trends to ensure early adoption of relevant evidence-based practice standards.
- Initiates and supports innovation in nursing practice through the incorporation of evidence into practice standards and recommendations.
- Provides leadership in establishing standards based on a systematic analysis of clinical outcomes, evaluation of opportunities for improving quality of care and integration of regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates interprofessional collaboration in the development and implementation of practice standards that address the interests of all clinical care providers.
- Provides expertise in the collection, management and translation of information to improve and evaluate clinical and quality outcomes.
- Demonstrates knowledge and navigates the clinical information system effectively.
Education and Development:
- Identifies the educational and professional development needs of nursing and patient care staff. Develops, implements, and evaluates programs to enhance clinical quality and promote professional growth. Provides leadership program development across the educational continuum from student nurse to nurse leaders.
- Assumes responsibility for comprehensive professional development programming and services within area of responsibility and expertise.
- Independently assesses, develops strategies, and implements education based on analysis of organizational performance, regulatory requirements, emerging practice standards, and identification of customer requirements.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates appropriate evidence-based educational approaches to accomplish desired training outcomes.
- Mentors unit-based educators in assessment, development, implementation, and evaluation of educational activities.
- Maintains accountability for personal continuing education and professional development; maintains an awareness of the political climate related to health care, clients served, and the profession of nursing.
- Engages staff and encourages continued skills development and accountability of staff and leadership at all levels of the organization.
Evidence-Based Practice & Research:
- Incorporates the research continuum into all aspects of care delivery.
- Role models the spirit of scientific inquiry and incorporates relevant evidence into nursing professional development.
- Provides leadership, consultation, and mentorship along the research continuum that align with organizational, departmental, unit, and individual goals. Facilitates evaluation of outcomes.
- Initiates, collaborates or participates in research relevant to areas of expertise.
- Facilitates communication of research findings through presentations, publications, consultation, educational programs, and use of other media.
Preferences for the successful candidate:
- Experience with education and adult learning principles
- Experience with the shared governance process
- Experience in performance improvement
- Oncology Nursing Experience
Registered Nurses at UMMC experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement model: Opportunities to progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable promotion schedule;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Center with a nursing centered care model and Magnet Designation;
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for your graduate degree at University of Maryland School of Nursing.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Master’s degree in nursing or healthcare field from an accredited graduate program is required.
- Individuals matriculating in an accredited masters in nursing or healthcare field program will be considered.
- When applicable Licensure in the state of Maryland, or eligible for licensure in Maryland.
- A minimum of five years of related experience is required; nursing experience preferred.
- BLS Instructor certification, strongly preferred.
- Oncology Nursing experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Clinical and professional knowledge regarding current issues related to health care delivery and professional practice is required. Knowledge regarding group dynamics, organizational change and methodologies for affecting change through leadership are required.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, complete and evaluate assignments and/or projects and to collaborate with others to plan and implement initiatives. Demonstrated ability to analyze and to conceptually develop ideas, programs and projects and provide guidelines for implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a collegial and collaborative relationship with other health care providers in the promotion and provision of comprehensive care.
- Demonstrated success in a leadership role exhibiting teaching, coaching and development skills. Demonstrated effectiveness in a consultative role at the organizational level.
- Demonstrated highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW